Jon Turned 24 years old yesterday!
To celebrate Jon's day i decided to throw him a BBQ. Having our familys be such good friends makes celebrating so much fun because we all enjoy getting together and sharing old stories. Thanks to the help of my parents and my mother in law we had such an sucsessful get to gether it was really great and the food was to die for! We had atleast 5 different salades, BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, shrimp and of course better then sex cake!
Here is our better then sex cake! OH SO SO GOOD!
My mom, Lori( my mother in law) and of course the birthday boy
Kelsey(my sister in law) and Justin (my bother in law)
a few of Jon's gifts :) big things sometimes come in small box's :D
The start o our food line
This dumb Guitar cake took my 3 and a half hours to make and it still looks like crap! hahaha i guess that it is the thought that counts right :D I found a picture of a cake like this online about a month ago and was so excited to so soething nice for jon on his birthday. i spent hours planning it out and getting all of the stuff together to make it. But for those of you who dont know cooking is DEFINENTLY NOT MY STRONG POINT! To be perfectly honest I totally suck at it! So looking back at it i have no idea why i ever thought i could make this cake! Any ways my amazing husband did a really great job of pretending he thought it was amazing and it was really fun to play baker for a day :D
First of all... i have to say that the cake looks AMAZING!!!! awesome job!!! I really do miss you guys bad! Cant wait to see you! LOVE YA! ps: if you ever want to get away I hear that TEXAS is the place to go! ;-)
ReplyDeletelindsay, your such a great wife... that cake is amazing! Your my hero! I miss you SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH. I love reading your blog and hearing about your life! come visit me soon my love!
ReplyDelete